Picking a software Pt. 2

 


At this point, all I have left of this project to do is edit. I am at another fork (4-pronged to be specific), as I was with my postcard software. I did some research and found four possible software: iMovie, PowerDirector, DaVinci Resolve, and Vimeo Create. I had to focus and weigh the pros and cons of making movies with iMovie, Davinci Resolve, Vimeo Create, and PowerDirector.


Vimeo Create:

Pros:

  • Vimeo Create is simple to use.
  • It provides a large selection of templates and presets to pick from.
  • Editing seems really straightforward, with tools for stuff like chopping, dividing, incorporating audio and visual effects, and modifying color.

Cons:

  • It lacks a lot of customization, such as the capacity to design unique transitions and effects.
  • A lot of people say that upload speeds are so slow, they can take DAYS.
  • The free edition offers few features.
  • If I Don't pay, I need to have a watermark in the middle.


PowerDirector: 

Pros:

  • PowerDirector seems easy to use going by online reviews
  • Lots of fairly easy tools like color correction, audio editing, and visual effects.
  • Simple and user-friendly. 
  • Convenient transfer to youtube or vimeo.

Cons:

  • PowerDirector is really expensive.
  • Huge learning curve.
  • Really powerful computer is required.


DaVinci Resolve

Pros:

  • Free to download and use.
  • color correction, audio editing, and visual effects, are available.
  • user-friendly interface and simple navigation.

Cons:

  • Advanced functions makes it challenging for users.
  • a powerful computer is needed.
  • Free edition is very limited.

iMovie:

Pros:

  • Very easy to navigate and use
  • Pre-installed on all Apple devices, making it really convenient
  • trimming, splitting, adding audio, and video effects.
  • easy to navigate and find what you need.
  • Audio filters are really user-friendly. Stuff like voiceovers are easy to use
  • I have actual experience using the program.

Cons:

  • Fairly limited in terms of features
  • Not very flexible customization-wise
  • Really slow download speeds


After some deliberation, I have decided I will be using iMovie for my editing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My master plan

Story: boarded ✓

Kids in America -The Muffs