Finishing touches


 While filming, I had to make a lot of changes. When I wrote the script, I now know I didn't account for a lot. My biggest issue was that I didn't write enough to fill the time, and didn't want to do too little. I added whole scenes into the script mid-production and mostly improvised. Admittedly, I am proud of my quick thinking but I'm not happy it had to be so last minute. I added three big scenes and took one short one out. I also had to change loads of lines. My family wasn't great with lines. Lots of them were similar to what I had scripted, but very few were word for word. That isn't an issue in my eyes, but it is something I wanted to make known. Editing this project was a doozy. I liked using larger shots in terms of length, instead of a ton of short shots. There are a couple of shorter shots but those were easy to edit. In particular, I had trouble with the title cards. I ended up having to leave it in, but there is this weird scroll on almost all of my title cards. The clipping together of the shots was probably the easiest part of my editing. iMovie, the editing program I selected was great with a drag and drop feature. I also had easy ability to clip up and shave parts off of shots. Most of my footage was anywhere from 15-20 seconds longer per clip than the footage included in my short film. In the end, my short film turned out alright and I'm happy with the way it came out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My master plan

Story: boarded ✓

Kids in America -The Muffs