Designing a flyer


 As decided in my last blog, I will be using Canva to design my flyer. I found canva to be incredibly easy to use. The interface is the perfect amount of drag and drops to please me. They also have some great pre-made templates. I found one that I liked through their template search, where I looked up a movie coming soon and used what I found there. I found that Canva had hundreds of thousands if not millions of options to choose from. This actually proved to be challenging, because, with the other sites, I didn't have enough. With canva, I had way too much to choose from. This turned a 15-minute design process into a 90-minute internal back and forth. I decided to color the background black, which would contrast the white and yellow/gold text I would use. The font selection provided me with hundreds of fonts to choose from. I use four fonts in my poster: Raleway, Raleway Heavy, Canva Sans, and Mr. Dafoe. As for the colors, I had the option to go with something they call "Document colors" which uses AI to coordinate the colors of the text with the rest of the document. I took that option, and the way I had it done, it chose gold/yellow and white. When I finished that, I decided I didn't like how it looked, so I completely changed it. The front is now a red background with a  film reel. To the right of it reads "Coming Soon", with my production studio below. The back reads like a postcard, and in the top right corner, in place of a stamp, I have a qr code which leads directly to my website. On the bottom half, all of my contact info including my Instagram is available, as well as the times and address for a planned local showing. To the right is a small catchphrase for the event, reading "Take a chance, take a gamble, be there".


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My master plan

Story: boarded ✓

Kids in America -The Muffs